Novation UltraNova Synthesizer
Visit the Novation store.
Novation UltraNova Synthesizer Product Description
This compact yet fully featured synth boasts an innovative, easy-to-use design and great sounds at an affordable price. Billed as the successor to Novation's famous "SuperNova" synth, this modern updated version has state of the art hardware and tactile control, with all the character of a vintage synth!
The Ultranova's engine is based on the Supernova's original design with enhancements to the filters, and addition of wavetable synthesis, software control and a great "touch mode" feature where you can manipulate your core sounds with just a touch of the rotary encoders.
UltraNova is the new generation of Novation's iconic 'Nova' range of synthesizers. It packs the massive 'Nova' sound into a compact body with a built-in vocoder. A new 'Touch' performance system places deep control of the synth right at your fingertips - so incredible new ways to play, create and perform are just a touch away.
UltraNova has 300 onboard sounds that you can browse by type and musical genre, so gigging musicians can get started straight away. You can quickly change the character of the sound with 8 encoders and a large, smooth encoder for detailed control.
It also comes with software plug-in editor which gives you in-depth visual editing, and can be opened and controlled in your DAW. There is also a software patch librarian that allows you to store, organize and search for an unlimited number of patches by type and genre.
UltraNova has wavetable synthesis, 14 filter types, 6 envelopes, 3 LFOs, 5 effects slots, density/detune and much more. This level of power needs clear control, so each part of the synth has a dedicated button that assigns parameters to the 8 encoders above the LCD screen. This makes UltraNova fast and easy to program, like an analogue synth.
UltraNova has an onboard 2 in 4 out USB Audio Interface that can transfer audio directly to and from your computer. It also has a SPDIF output, MIDI in/out/thru ports (for hardware-to-hardware connectivity). Finally, UltraNova can work in 'Automap mode', transforming its eight encoders into a powerful controller for plug-ins and DAWs.
Novation UltraNova Synthesizer Bundles
Trust Your Sound
Responsive, flexible and sounding absolutely phenomenal, the UltraNova engine is the culmination of five decades of synth design experience and expertise.
Create Truly Unique Sounds
Let your sound design imagination run riot with UltraNova's three virtual analogue/wavetable oscillators, endless modulation possibilities and 18 voices of polyphony.
Shape Complex Sounds
Create and edit complicated patches using the intuitively laid-out controls and wide, easy-to-read LCD screen.
Add depth to your sounds and polish them to perfection with reverb, delay, chorus, distortion and more.
Touch 'n' Tweak
Instantly tweak or transform your sounds using eight touch-sensitive encoders and the dedicated filter knob.
UltraNova's Italian-made, 37-key Fatar keyboard features aftertouch and plays beautifully.
Simple Audio Streaming
UltraNova even has a built-in audio interface, so you can record it directly into your DAW via USB. No audio cables needed!
What's in the box:
- Novation UltraNova synthesiser
- Gooseneck microphone
- 1.5m USB cable
- 12V PSU
- Registration card
- User guide
- Getting started guide
- Software download card
- Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later
- Windows 7 (all versions) or Windows Vista (all versions) or Windows XP SP2 or higher (all versions)
- Access to Sound Collective
- Novation Automap
- Software AU and VST plugin editor
- Stand-alone patch librarian
- 4GB of Loopmaster samples
Product Hardware Specifications
- 144 character LCD
- 8x detented touch sensitive encoders
- 1x large smooth encoder (with back-lit filter lock buttons)
- 1x large patch select/speed dial encoder
- 2x volume & monitor mix dials
- 39 LED lit/indicated buttons
- Pitch wheel (LED lit)
- Modulation wheel (LED lit)
- 37 note keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
- XLR dynamic mic input
- 2x ¼" jack inputs
- 2x ¼" jack outputs
- 2x ¼" jack aux outputs
- 1x ¼" jack headphone output
- SPDIF digital output on RCA connector
- Expression pedal on ¼" jack input
- Sustain pedal on ¼" jack input
- MIDI in/out/thru
- 12 volt power input
- USB port (UltraNova can be powered via USB)
- Kensington security slot
USB Audio Interface
- 2 in, 4 out soundcard
- 44.1 / 48kHz at 16 or 24 bit to host
- 44.1 / 48kHz at 16 bit from host (if you select 24 bit from host, audio
- data is limited by the driver to 16 bit playback)
- Dynamic range : - 98dB
- Input 1 + 2 frequency response : 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 1dB
- Gain rage : -10 to + 65dB
- THD+N = 0.002%
- Maximum output level +6dBu
- signal to noise ratio referenced to 0dBFS (+6 dBu) = 96dB
- Noise EIN = 117dB
- Input 1 - balanced XLR & balanced TRS 1/4"jack
- Input 2 - balanced TRS 1/4" jack only
- Up to 18 note polyphony (dynamic voicing)
- 3x oscillators
- 1x noise generator
- 2x ring modulators
- Square, sine, tri, sawtooth, pulse, 9x saw:pulse combinations
- 20x digital waveforms
- 36x wavetables
- 2x filters per patch
- low pass no resonance 6dB per octave
- low pass 12dB
- low pass 18dB
- low pass 24dB
- band pass 6:6
- band pass 6:12
- band pass 12:6
- band pass 6:18
- band pass 18:6
- band pass 12:12
- high pass no resonance 6dB per octave
- high pass 12dB
- high pass 18dB
- high pass 24dB
- 20 modulation slots per patch
- 6x envelope generators
- 3x LFOs
- Key scaling/track
- Mod wheel
- Expression pedal
Total of 66 Destinations including
- Oscillator pitch, pulse width, wavetable index, level and sync
- Filter cutoff, resonance, envelope settings
- Effects parameters and send levels
- Recursive modulation (modulating modulation sources themselves)
5 effects slots per patch
- Distortion – up to 2 instances
- Compressor – up to 2 instances
- Chorus/Phase – up to 4 instances
- Delay – up to 2 instances
- Reverb – up to 2 instances
- 12 band vocoder
- Arpeggiator – 33 patterns
- Chord function – lock up to 10 notes
- Patch storage - up to 512 on hardware (ships with 300 factory patches)
- USB bus powered
- 12V DC power supply included
- Maximum power consumption 12V DC 400mA
- 725mm (28.54") length x 374mm (14.72") depth x 152mm (5.98") height
(These are the boxed dimensions)