Novation 25 SL MK2
USB MIDI Keyboard Controller
Visit the Novation store.
The Novation SL25 MK2 USB MIDI Keyboard Controller combines a high quality semi-weighted keyboard with a full DAW and plug-in control surface, that visually feeds back all control information to the user. The Novation SL25 MK2 USB MIDI Keyboard Controller features 144-character display, back lit LED buttons and LED ringed encoders show the status of all controls. Ultra-quick mapping of all 56 knobs, faders and buttons is managed by the groundbreaking Automap 3 PRO software. The Novation ReMOTE SL Mk II has been designed to equip the modern DAW user with every dimension of hardware control, enabling a hands-on approach to navigating software, mixing and controlling plug-ins. It represents extraordinary value as a controller, integrating a DAW control surface with a quality semi-weighted keyboard (with after-touch) and the most intuitive plug-in mapping capabilities available - presided over by Automap 3 PRO; unquestionably the most advanced control software on the market. SL Mk II upholds Novation's reputation for building quality hardware (like the SL Mk I, they will also appeal to performers who need a well-constructed keyboard on stage). Quality is not just reflected in their robustness, but more importantly in the way the SL Mk II has been designed with every detail calculated to maximise workflow. The SL Mk II's visually feeds back all controller information to the user with back lit buttons and encoder LED rings. The power behind SL Mk II's unique ability to map controllers at the touch of a button, is contained within the included Automap software. Automap 3 PRO enables users to map controllers with incredible speed and ease - no more digging through MIDI continuous controller numbers, the Automap server takes care of it all. Automap's GUI gives the user a visual representation of all the current mappings on screen, as well as the ability to save and manage mappings across different projects. There is also an option to only bring up the GUI when a controller on the SL Mk II has been touched.
The Novation SL25 MK2 USB MIDI Keyboard Controller Main Features Include:
- MIDI control interface: Built in MIDI I/O Interface and comprehensive MIDI implementation provide complete control over all external hardware synths and other external MIDI devices.
- Novation’s unique ‘speed dial’: A touch-sensitive rotary encoder that instantly takes control of whatever your mouse is focused on, providing real time access for composers and performers alike.
- Programmable ‘soft-feel’ drumpads: Eradicates the need for a separate set of drumpad triggers, providing the ideal platform for sketching out beats or triggering samples
- Unique 2-Axis Controls: Fantastic ‘Xpression’ pad and adjustably sprung pitch/mod joystick, both freely assignable in MIDI Controlling mode
- Dedicated, yet fully-assignable transport buttons: Control the sequencer’s start/stop/loop/record/forward/rewind actions, direct from the MIDI controller, reducing reliance on mouse and screen, or switch them out to allow use of more assignable buttons. SL Mk II recalls how these buttons were previously assigned.
- USB buss powering: Provides the artist with a mobile MIDI control solution, freeing them from the confines of the studio
- Includes the Xcite+ bundle: Featuring a host of royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged soft-synth and Ableton Live 7 Lite, providing an affordable upgrade path to Ableton Live.
- 8 Encoders (Infinite Rotation) with touch-sensitivity and 11 segment Led rings
- 8 Pots (270 Rotation) with touch-sensitivity
- 8 Sliders with touch-sensitivity
- 32 Buttons with integrated LEDs (37 in MIDI mode]
- 8 soft feel Trigger pads
- Xpression Pad (as on existing SL)
- Xpression Stick (as on existing SL)
- Touch sensitive Speed Dial (as on Nocturn)
- Mac System Requirements: Mac OSX 10.4.0 or greater (Leopard also supported) | G4/1GHz, both with 256MB RAM
- Windows System Requirements: Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or greater (Vista 32/64 also supported) | Pentium 3/1GHz/256MB RAM (machines running Vista will require a higher spec)
- Dimensions: Size (25 key): W=468mm, H=68mm, D=293mm
- Weights: 25SL net weight : 3.3kg /unit