Novation Impulse 49
USB MIDI Controller Keyboard
Visit the Novation store.
Novation Impulse 49 Special Offers When bought with this product
Novation Impulse 49 Product Description
The Novation Impulse 49 Note USB/MIDI controller designed to be the main control centre of your studio and music creation. The Impulse controller is designed to work with your music making software, controlling the software’s mixer, instruments and effects.
The Impulse from Novation includes Automap 4, Novation's improved controller software. Automap 4 is now more simple and easier for DAW and plug-in assignment, making the Impulse work in harmony with your chosen software. The Impulse keyboard is fitted with a Semi-Weighted keybed and aftertouch, which is ultra-responsive and can adapt to your playing style.
The Impulse controller also features eight drum pads with multi-coloured LEDs, eight rotary encoders, full transport control, nine assignable buttons and nine faders. The large LCD screen on the Impulse keeps you informed of every operation.
The drum pads on the Impulse can be used to trigger clips in Ableton Live's session view; illuminating yellow if a clip is loaded, green if it is playing and red if it is set to record. They can also work in different modes, such as following the pattern of Impulse's on-board groovebox-style arpeggiator/step sequencer. The USB powered Impulse will be a true asset to any studio environment and perfect for all types of producers and musicians.
Create Expressive Performances
Ultra-responsive, full-size piano-style keyboard with semi-weighted action and aftertouch, plus Sustain and Expression pedal inputs.
Accurately Capture Your Playing
Novation's High Rate Scan (HRS) technology scans the keyboard 10,000 times per second to accurately capture every nuance of your performance.
Easily Assign All Controls
Get hands-on with any major music production software, including Ableton Live, Logic Pro and Pro Tools; and use Automap for automatic assignment and control of DAW and plug-in parameters.
Shape Your Sound
Manipulate your sounds and mixes using Impulse 49's endless smooth-action knobs, low-profile faders and assignable buttons, with feedback provided by the LCD display.
Do More with Your Drum Pads
Eight velocity- and pressure-sensitive backlit pads enable you to play beats, design arpeggios and launch clips in Ableton Live.
Tough Enough to Tour
Solid and rugged enough to handle the most demanding live situations.
Plug-In and Play
Fully class compliant and USB bus-powered, Impulse 49 'just works' with Mac OS X and Windows, requiring no power supply or drivers.
Connect To Just About Anything
Plug in to your hardware synths and sound modules via 5-pin DIN MIDI output.
Make Music Immediately
Comes with Ableton Live Lite, Novation Bass Station VST/AU plug-in, and a huge collection of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
Novation Impulse 49 Bundles
Customers Also Bought
- System Requirements:†
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks.
- Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7.
- iOS8, iOS7 - Camera Connection Kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required (not included).
- Impulse is class compliant, so will work on any modern Mac, Windows or Linux PC.
- Access to the Sound Collective
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- 4 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- One of four XLN Audio Addictive Keys instruments
- Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
- V Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
- Product Hardware Specifications
- 25, 49 or 61 note velocity sensitive piano style keyboard with assignable aftertouch
- 8 multi-colour large backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- 8 endless encoders (infinite rotation)
- 9 sliders (49 & 61 note) 1 slider (25 note)
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 octave / transpose buttons
- Custom blue-backlit LCD display
- 6 function buttons (4 with LED indicators)
- 4 control switch buttons with LEDs (49 & 61 note) 3 control switch buttons with LEDs (25 note)
- 9 mute / solo buttons plus toggle button (49 & 61 note)
- Arpeggiator with tap tempo and roll
- USB socket
- DC power socket
- Sustain pedal 1/4" jack socket
- Expression pedal 1/4" jack socket
- MIDI In and MIDI Out din sockets
- Kensington security slot
- Ableton Live Lite 10 is included†
If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 8 or greater to work with Impulse. We recommend that you update to the latest version as previous versions of Ableton Live do not include the Impulse integration. Impulse will also work as a standard MIDI controller.
- Automap DAW and plug-in control software
- Works with Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton, Cubase, Reason/Record, Sonar and more
- Includes editable QWERTY support for hardware controls
- A library of mappings for hundreds of plug-ins is available
- Automap works with VST and AU plug-ins, as well as RTAS and TDM plug-ins†
Automap with Pro-Tools does not include AAX plugin control