The PRX635 is a self-powered, lightweight three-way loudspeaker system capable of delivering a very high level of performance over a broad bandwidth. * Maximum SPL 135 db peak * 380 mm (15 in) Differential Drive® dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer * 165mm (6.5 in) horn loaded midrange transducer * 25.4mm (1 in) polymer diaphragm compression driver * 1500 Watt (3 x 500 watt) Class-D, Crown® digital amplifier * DSP input section with dbx® Type IV™ limiter circuit, crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable system EQ * Professional XLR line and ¼" Mic/Instrument inputs, with loop through * Obsidian DuraFlex™ coated plywood construction * Large die-cast aluminum handle bar with a fine tuned ergonomic rubber grip for maximum comfort * 8 M10 Suspension points and 1 pullback point * Integrated 36mm pole mount socket
* This speaker is ideally suited to applications where the program material exhibits subtlety and nuance. Perfectly capable of reproducing high fidelity full range sound without a subwoofer, when coupled with extended low frequencies of the PRX618S-XLF, one experiences complete control over the entire audio spectrum. These cabinets can be stand-mounted but do require a large footprint tri-pod type stand. When pole mounting the PRX635 on a subwoofer we highly recommend a pole no longer than 24” (SS3BK-24 or SS4BK-24) to ensure stability and safety. As with all the full-range PRX600 Series systems two EQ selections can be used to optimize the system for the program material and/or environment. The input section also accommodates either Line or Mic/Instrument level inputs.
* The PRX635 is a self-powered, lightweight three-way loudspeaker system capable of delivering a very high level of performance over a broad bandwidth. The PRX635 is comprised of one 380 mm (15 in) 265F Differential Drive® woofer, a 165 mm (6.5 in) 195H horn-loaded 90° by 50° mid-range and a 2414H 25.4 mm (1 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90° by 50° horn, all driven by a 1500 watt (3 x 500) Audio Class-D power amplifier. A propriety DSP chip is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
* The amplifier input panel offers XLR or ¼ inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level, via the level control knob.
* All PRX600 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX600 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex™ finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
* Special note: The PRX635 should be pole-mounted on a PRX 600 subwoofer using a pole no longer than 24” in length. (SS3-BK24
Seen a video for JBL PRX635?
Send us the URL and published videos will receive loyalty points!
There are no videos for this product.
Do you own the JBL PRX635? Why not write a review based on your experience with it.